Saturday, June 6, 2009

Double bad news

Last Monday, I received 2 bad news. Both came from my friends.

1) I have been told by my colleague that HW is currently "downsizing" their team. What's that supposed to mean? O, who was a QC engineer in HW, worked only about 3 months and has been sacked by their management due to "downsizing" reason. Hurm.. I am not surprised by that news at all because I have heard some rumours about O is going to be terminated by HW management before this. Later when we were on our way to go for breakfast, we met R who is an engineer for HW also. We asked about O and about their company's "downsizing" issue and he said there are more who are being terminated. Suddenly I remembered my friend/coursemate who is an engineer in HW also. R knows him and he said that my friend is one of them. Damn. I called my friend but he didnt answer. Later in the evening, my friend called me and he told me that he is already in his hometown and currently looking for job. He said his former company practice LIFO (Last In First Out) for this "downsizing" reason. I am seriously sorry for him. May he get a new job soon.

LIFO? WTF was that? Can you simply terminate people just like that??? Well, yeah they can if they dont have any sympathy for their workers. Seriously, this incident really made me realized that working for people/company is not secured enough. Even if they stated that they contracted you for certain time, but there are some hidden clause saying that the company can terminate you anytime without any reason. This incident also made me realized that IF I were in my friend's shoe, what should I do???

2) In the evening, I read my friend's ym status saying that AS has just came out from Hospital without any serious injury. Like... what? So I straightaway called AS and he said he is fine and at police station lodging a report. My friend who made the status then told me that AS has crashed his mom's Honda CRV to one of PICC lamp post in Putrajaya. Lucky he wore seat belt at that time!
I am going to visit him tomorrow because currently he is quarantined for one week and he said that he is still in trauma to sit at driver's seat.
Seriously guys, wear your seat belt all the time. (this message is dedicated to me also :| )

p/s: I don't like bad news. Who does?


Alhamdulillah, umur kau masih panjang Ainor.

No comments:

Post a Comment