Friday, March 20, 2009

Morning nag.

I took the public transport to work today. Like always, I either reach the station just when the train left. Or reach there on time to know that the train decided to have its 30mins delay. Whichever way, I won't be 9am sharp at work. It's not that I'm not punctual. It's the train. (excuses and more excuses). I can wake up as early as 6am or as late as 8.20am, but I'll reach office after 9am everytime. The only time I was early was when Sista was around and we go to office together because hers starts at 8.30am. That time, I was super proud to unlock the door every morning. Only for those few days...

One thing (well, out of so many other things, actually) I don't understand about the public here in Malaysia is that they cannot co-operate. They just won't! Seriously. The train stops. Door opens. And everyone was swarming in front of the door, waiting for the people from inside to get off so that they can board in. But the thing is, they just stare at you (if not push as if they can walk 'through' you) and do not give any space for you to pass them. I would say 'excuse me' with the most polite way I could ever say in the crowd with minimum oxygen supply, but they just do not understand. They don't. Sick.

take all of your wasted honor, every little past frustration, take all of your so-called problems, better put 'em in quotations

Well, can't complaint much because that's what you get when using public transport in this country. True. I know there are some countries who have worse public-transport-experience but I've been to places where the public transportation is the most convenient and comfortable way to get around town. But for our case, the only advantage is that it's cheap. Of course, sometimes Teh & I ride with his bike. It's more convenient because we can beat all the traffic. Super cool. We can honk the big cars for not using their brain on the road. Pitt pitttt pitttt potttt ponnnn. The downside? It's very hot on sunny day. It's very cold at night. And when it rains, that's it. But I've got a super cool helmet few weeks back. Thanks to Teh. I just loooovveeeee the ARCRed. ;P

Getting a car is another option. It's the most convenient way to travel. You won't get wet during stormy weather. You won't be sweating like shyte when driving at 12 midday. Plus, you get to listen to your favourite radio station when you're stuck in the traffic jam. Oh no. Traffic jam! Everyone hates it. Who doesn't? But it does not mean we need to freak out when we're trapped in it. Just enjoy the time you have with your partner, and things will go on just fine. Like they said, your reactions determine what's gonna happen in the future. But why isn't everyone driving their own? Well, obviously because it's pricey. Even when the economic crisis hits everyone and the cars price has gone down, it still is, pricey. Because of the economic crisis. (Du'h) Then, you have to pay for the toll, petrol, car wash, air-cond fix, service, re-paint, etc.

Whichever way you choose, whatever method you pick, there's always pros and cons. Always. You hardly get everything you want at the same. But we can always appreciate them everytime they happened to us.

Let's look at the person next to us, now. Smile at her. Don't think of the last time you got angry at him. Think about the nicest time you guys have spent together. Cherish every moment. And be loved.

... 
 


3 comments: