I am currently unemployed. Am enjoying each and every second! I have been job-hunting too. Not aggressively, though.
Went to an interview this morning. It was the most fished-up one I have ever been to.
I just remembered about the interview one day before. Less than 12 hours before the actual event. At about 0100hrs Nx texted, wished me luck. Yea, truly need it. So I woke up early. Searched for the invitation letter to confirm about the time and place. And read the very last line twice - "Sila bawa sijil asal dan salinan sijil yang telah disahkan". Yeay. 1) I have not made a copy of my sijil-s. 2) How to certify if no copies?
Me no car. Bro took it yesterday. Interview at 9am. I realized this situation at about 6.30am. Texted sis hoping the hubs could help me out. Failed. As cool as I could be, fed the cats, transferred the latest resume to ThumBlack, bring original sijil-s, walked to the train station. It's 8am sharp. I doubt if I could reach there on time. You know how 'puNCtual' the train usually is. So asked the pakcik cab while on my way to the station.
"Pakcik, gi MidVal berape?"
"*mumbles* ringgit..."
"Berapa, pakcik?"
"Dua (puluh) lima"
*eyes widen*
"Takpelah, pakcik"
"Nak berapa, dik?"
"Takpe2."
Bitter heart. Yes, when my heart is bitter-ed it is very difficult to Ctrl+Z.
To cut things short, I reached MidVal at 8:56am, wandered for a few minutes because I suddenly forgot how to enter the venue even when I have been there before for the previous site survey. Grrrr. Did not manage to make a copy of sijil-s. Kedai sume tak bukak lagi. *gamble je*
Entered. A group of young lads in front of me, looking weirdly at a clueless lady carrying a sling back crossed the body, with another knitted-green bag on the right shoulder with a file in it, and the left hand carrying a red and white paper bag with stuff to be Pos Laju-ed later. That clueless lady is me.
*Look right, left*
*Looking at the centre of the group, not knowing to whom I was speaking to* "Err... interview eh?"
*Some voice from the group said*"Hak ah"
*Moved my view to another 2 degrees*"Tak yah register ape2 ke?"
*Another voice*"Takyah2"
No available chair spotted. So I stood at one corner. Texting people. Checked for WiFi connection. Detected. But could not use it to surf the net. Yawn. One of the staffs passed me a chair. Sit.
Waited for about an hour.
Finally, my name was called. *relieved* Entered. Sit.
"Tau ke position ape awak nak apply ni"
"Tau. SE untuk projek kt Sab"
"Boleh duduk Sab 2tahun?"
"Boleh, insya Allah. Saya pernah duduk Sar"
"Sar lain. Sab ni kawasan kampung"
---
"Tempat tinggal macam mana, encik?"
"Sendiri. Murah je sewa kat sane"
"Transport?"
"Kita sediakan."
"Untuk semua orang ke?"
"Biasanya untuk SE masuk site"
"O ok"
---
"Kamu boleh kerja ngan lelaki?"
*bored face*"Boleh, insya Allah"
"Kalau kamu sorang pompuan, ade 2 lagi lelaki, boleh?"
"Boleh, insya Allah"
---
"Dah kahwin?"
"Belum"
"Ada perancangan nak kahwin dalam waktu terdekat?"
"Tak tau lagi"
"Ada calon?"
"Takde" (hehe, sorry cuk. This is standard answer as written in the schematic :P)
---
"Kamu takut hantu?"
I seriously did not answer this question. I looked at him with a fucked up face.
"Kalau gi site malam2, ade hantu raya berjuntai kat pokok, boleh? Selalu jadik camtu"
"Hmm. Saya biasa kerja malam, balik pukul 2-3 pagi. Sorang2. Insya Allah, ok"
"Tu jalan tar, sedap la. Ni jalan pedalaman"
"Saya tak pernah kerja macam tu, so saya cakap apa yang saya pernah alami je"
---
"Apa beza batteri dengan genset?"
"Batteri tu kering..."
"Itu fizikal die. Ape beza die dari segi bagi tenaga?"
"Tak tau"
"Nanti saya ajar kamu balik, belanja saya minum ye"
My heart was screaming to leave immediately.
---
This was the first time I interviewed for a post in a govt body. And I hope I will never go through the same situation again. Only the last part was relevant to the post. And I seriously do not understand why they were so concern about shitstuffs rather than people's attitude towards how they perform their work.
And I was totally annoyed with the lady staff there who was busy talking with another male. The door bell ringed once. The door switch is just right in front of her nose. But she kept talking with the male. Bell ringed twice. Only then she pressed the button and continued talking without guilt. I seriously felt like banging her head so that she could push the button with her nose. Seriously.
Fish!
But all in all. It was a good experience. Thanks Nx for the opportunity. Now I know why I have always hated govt body. 'We' are so used to be spoonfed that being lazy is compulsory. Thank God I sucked in the interview.
Good luck!
Went to an interview this morning. It was the most fished-up one I have ever been to.
I just remembered about the interview one day before. Less than 12 hours before the actual event. At about 0100hrs Nx texted, wished me luck. Yea, truly need it. So I woke up early. Searched for the invitation letter to confirm about the time and place. And read the very last line twice - "Sila bawa sijil asal dan salinan sijil yang telah disahkan". Yeay. 1) I have not made a copy of my sijil-s. 2) How to certify if no copies?
Me no car. Bro took it yesterday. Interview at 9am. I realized this situation at about 6.30am. Texted sis hoping the hubs could help me out. Failed. As cool as I could be, fed the cats, transferred the latest resume to ThumBlack, bring original sijil-s, walked to the train station. It's 8am sharp. I doubt if I could reach there on time. You know how 'puNCtual' the train usually is. So asked the pakcik cab while on my way to the station.
"Pakcik, gi MidVal berape?"
"*mumbles* ringgit..."
"Berapa, pakcik?"
"Dua (puluh) lima"
*eyes widen*
"Takpelah, pakcik"
"Nak berapa, dik?"
"Takpe2."
Bitter heart. Yes, when my heart is bitter-ed it is very difficult to Ctrl+Z.
To cut things short, I reached MidVal at 8:56am, wandered for a few minutes because I suddenly forgot how to enter the venue even when I have been there before for the previous site survey. Grrrr. Did not manage to make a copy of sijil-s. Kedai sume tak bukak lagi. *gamble je*
Entered. A group of young lads in front of me, looking weirdly at a clueless lady carrying a sling back crossed the body, with another knitted-green bag on the right shoulder with a file in it, and the left hand carrying a red and white paper bag with stuff to be Pos Laju-ed later. That clueless lady is me.
*Look right, left*
*Looking at the centre of the group, not knowing to whom I was speaking to* "Err... interview eh?"
*Some voice from the group said*"Hak ah"
*Moved my view to another 2 degrees*"Tak yah register ape2 ke?"
*Another voice*"Takyah2"
No available chair spotted. So I stood at one corner. Texting people. Checked for WiFi connection. Detected. But could not use it to surf the net. Yawn. One of the staffs passed me a chair. Sit.
Waited for about an hour.
Finally, my name was called. *relieved* Entered. Sit.
"Tau ke position ape awak nak apply ni"
"Tau. SE untuk projek kt Sab"
"Boleh duduk Sab 2tahun?"
"Boleh, insya Allah. Saya pernah duduk Sar"
"Sar lain. Sab ni kawasan kampung"
---
"Tempat tinggal macam mana, encik?"
"Sendiri. Murah je sewa kat sane"
"Transport?"
"Kita sediakan."
"Untuk semua orang ke?"
"Biasanya untuk SE masuk site"
"O ok"
---
"Kamu boleh kerja ngan lelaki?"
*bored face*"Boleh, insya Allah"
"Kalau kamu sorang pompuan, ade 2 lagi lelaki, boleh?"
"Boleh, insya Allah"
---
"Dah kahwin?"
"Belum"
"Ada perancangan nak kahwin dalam waktu terdekat?"
"Tak tau lagi"
"Ada calon?"
"Takde" (hehe, sorry cuk. This is standard answer as written in the schematic :P)
---
"Kamu takut hantu?"
I seriously did not answer this question. I looked at him with a fucked up face.
"Kalau gi site malam2, ade hantu raya berjuntai kat pokok, boleh? Selalu jadik camtu"
"Hmm. Saya biasa kerja malam, balik pukul 2-3 pagi. Sorang2. Insya Allah, ok"
"Tu jalan tar, sedap la. Ni jalan pedalaman"
"Saya tak pernah kerja macam tu, so saya cakap apa yang saya pernah alami je"
---
"Apa beza batteri dengan genset?"
"Batteri tu kering..."
"Itu fizikal die. Ape beza die dari segi bagi tenaga?"
"Tak tau"
"Nanti saya ajar kamu balik, belanja saya minum ye"
My heart was screaming to leave immediately.
---
This was the first time I interviewed for a post in a govt body. And I hope I will never go through the same situation again. Only the last part was relevant to the post. And I seriously do not understand why they were so concern about shitstuffs rather than people's attitude towards how they perform their work.
And I was totally annoyed with the lady staff there who was busy talking with another male. The door bell ringed once. The door switch is just right in front of her nose. But she kept talking with the male. Bell ringed twice. Only then she pressed the button and continued talking without guilt. I seriously felt like banging her head so that she could push the button with her nose. Seriously.
Fish!
But all in all. It was a good experience. Thanks Nx for the opportunity. Now I know why I have always hated govt body. 'We' are so used to be spoonfed that being lazy is compulsory. Thank God I sucked in the interview.
Good luck!
sucky!
ReplyDeletewhere at btw?
y aren't u replying my sms?